343 Industries has just updated its list of known issues for the Halo: The Master Chief Collection. They are currently working to fix these problems, but the company has also stated that it’s presently prioritizing the Halo 3 launch on the PC.
On the Xbox One, 343 Industries acknowledged that it’s aware of the “performance issues” for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3, and their currently working on a fix. The studio also knows about the pistol spread issues for Halo: Combat Evolved’s multiplayer when playing at higher frame rates on the PC. A fix has been released, but the studio will continue to track down ongoing issues.
343 Industries also announced new features in development, some in the design phase, while others in a “backlog” that might be addressed at some point. Account linking and double key binds for Steam are currently in development. The studio is also looking at chat improvements and more mod support.
Here are a list of the known issues (June 1,2020):
- Xbox Performance: Performance improvement for HCE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 were rolled into the Halo 2 Launch, we are continuing to investigate additional reported performance issues for each title and will continue to update with each release.
- Pistol Spread for H:CE MP with Higher FPS: The fix for this has been rolled out with H2s release, we are gathering feedback and will investigate any reports of this issue still persisting that come in through the community.
- Audio Issues: Over the past month we have hit this area hard with testing, including going out to a portion of the Ring 1 flight group for testing. We’re currently fixing the few remaining issues and wrapping up testing on our side. Once done, this will be released in either in a flight or through a patch/release to gather further feedback.
- Stuttering Issue: There is no active development being done on this at this time, but we are continuing to investigate.
- Menu Performance: We have made some improvements in this area that are planned for a future update. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- Screen Tearing/Vsync: Some bugs that have been fixed around these issues will be coming in our next release while we continue to improve this over time. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- Co-Op Latency: No updates on this one. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the network code around this area of the game.
- Double Key Bindings: This work has been verified as working for Reach and is now in the planning process for merging into our main branch and extended testing and flighting. There is still work that needs to be planned and executed on to bring this functionality to the remaining games.
- Mouse Input: This is an area of the game that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can. If you are encountering issues with this, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
- View Model: This work has been verified as working and is now in the planning process for merging into our main branch and extended testing and then release.
- Idle Stops matchmaking: This is still on our list but nothing new to share on this one as we try to tackle higher priority issues.
- Aim Assist: No updates on this currently.
- Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: We have continued to fix bugs around reported achievement issues. If there are achievements that you are still encountering issues with specifically, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
Below is a list of all the new features that are currently in development:
Actively in Development
- Progression System improvements including Challenges (initial flight with H2, development is continuing and progressing nicely)
- UI/UX Improvements around navigation, roster, customization, and many more areas of the game (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready)
- Double Key Binds (support for Reach being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready)
- View Model Adjustment (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready)
- Steam Account Linking (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready
- In Game FPS Cap/Adjustments (being tested in separate branch, will be merged, and released once ready)
- Customization Improvements (Added)
In Design Iteration
- Additional Mod Support
- Text Chat Improvements (moved back down into design iteration. There are additional aspects we need to take into account, so development is being paused while we solidify design)
- Additional Video Settings/Options
- Custom Game Browser (Added)
- Input-based Matchmaking (Added)
- Regional Server Selection (Added)
- Cross-Play between Xbox & PC (Added)
- Better ways to Report Players (Added)
- Double Key Binds (Added: additional game support)
In Backlog Pending Further Discussions
- VFR Improvements to Reach & H2A (Added)
- Idle System Improvements
- Bringing PC Features to Console (Like FOV Sliders)
- Additional Accessibility Support
In addition to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, 343 Industries also has a separate team working on the Xbox Series X exclusive, Halo Infinite.